“You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw rocks at every dog that barks.” Winston Churchill
Churchill is not talking about literal dogs but metaphorically. The example of dogs is used figuratively for distractions on the journey to our goals or destination.
The dogs are usually PEOPLE. People who will come along and BARK at us as we’re making our way toward our destination. When we are on our journey to fulfil our dream, trying to reach our goal or simply living out our purpose.
Churchill’s quotation implies several things.
- It’s normal to encounter dogs on the way to our destination
- Dogs can be a distraction to our purpose, goals and our dream
- Dogs can be especially distracting when they bark
- We’ll be tempted to stop and throw rocks at the barking dogs
- But if we take the time to fight off ALL distractions, we’ll never reach our destination
- We should choose wisely the distractions we will engage
- Barking dogs are best ignored
However, we can also be that dog that distracts us from moving forward. Procrastination, fear, self-doubt to mention a few that sabotage/block us from achieving our objectives.
In this case one should take notice of our INNER BARKS and take a deep dive within …
Be inspired, take charge of your life and be happy.
Are you ready to embrace your full potential or needing assistance on your journey of growth?
Please CONTACT me at +27827457552 (WhatsApp) or Karin@eftmanagement.co.za
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/karinkellylawrenz
Website : https://eftmanagement.co.za
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/karin.lawrenz
Twitter : https://twitter.com/eftmanagementsa
#SouthAfrica #capetown #transformation #thoughts